The museum's main exhibition space was once Grace Methodist Church, originally built in 1857 and expanded in 1906. The walls and ceiling of stamped metal, original light fixtures and the striking stained glass windows all date from the early twentieth century and were lovingly restored in 2006. Text panels and displays of historical artifacts discuss and illustrate the history of Milton and the Broadkill Hundred. Shipbuilding, button factories, canneries and, in recent times, beer brewing at Dogfish Head are woven into the fabric of Milton history and its current life, and are very much a presence in the Main Exhibit Hall.
This two-seat buggy was a gift presented to John Wilson on his 21st birthday from his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Samuel Wilson, in 1899. The Wilson family ran the largest funeral and undertaking business in Mllton for many years.
Printing press formerly operated by Rev. William A. McDaniel and the Milton Publishing Company,
Button making machine of the type used from 1920 - 1960 in local factories and backyard shed