Milton Historical Society & Historic Preservation Comission
Historic Markers Program
Goals and Objectives:
- Educate the community about historic buildings within the Milton Historic District
- Instill a sense of pride and respect in the neighborhood and its historic architecture
- Educate the public at large about the extent of the Historic District and its boundaries
- Properties in the Milton Historic District that were built in 1963 or earlier
- Individually-landmarked properties within the Milton Historic District
- Complete the application form, below. If you need assistance with the year built, please contact Mr. John Collier, Project Manager at town hall at 302-684-4110.
- Indicate if you would like the year of your home attached to the bottom of the sign (c. XXXX)
- Submit form along with a check for $75 per marker for current MHS members / $125 per marker for future- members (includes free year membership for your household)
- Checks can be sent to the Milton Historical Society, P.O. Box 112, Milton, DE 19968.
- Applications for markers will be taken at anytime during the year.
Fill out my online form.